lunes, 2 de junio de 2008

May 31 facebook update

I don't have time to write everyone individually right now, so I'll do something that I hate- and send a mass thank you to everyone who has written me.
Some of you know what actually happened, but most will not. At the time I wrote here last, noone had wanted to scare me, so I hadn't been told what really happened.
Thursday on the boat, an oil tube on the auxiliary motor of the boat came loose, sending oil to the hot turbo which caused a flash fire that was propelled up to the deck by the ventilation systems. Mauri was nearby the windows that look down at the engine and was caught in the explosion, burning basically everything from the waist up- 2º and 3º burns. He was flown to a hospital in Valencia by helicopter, and is now in their intensive care burn unit- where he will remain for several weeks. While he is there, I can visit him for two 1 hour periods a day, talking to him over a phone, looking through a window...
...(cont.) Once they move him to a regular bedroom (in a few weeks, after several planned surgeries), I will be able to spend time with him, but he will likely be hospitalized for several months. So, I won't be in Denia much for awhile- or at the computer- (it's not that I want to abandon anyone.)
Having said all of that, there is a lot of good news.
He was sitting up today, has been fully conscious at all times, and does seem to be out of any real danger. He seems to be a bit happier, and was able to eat for the first time today. Knowing that he's a bit better, made me feel much better, so I was finally able to eat and sleep, and am a lot happier now too. So, we will both be fine- so noone has to really worry about either of us. I will know more on monday and will update when I can. Thanks again to everyone... besos

No hay comentarios: